DR. JACOB MIRMAN WAS RECENTLY FEATURED ON THE TOM BARNARD MORNING SHOW ON KQ92
CLICK HERE to listen to the conversation between Dr. Mirman and Tom Barnard on Medical Cannabis.
Recently Tom Barnard invited Dr. Mirman to be a guest expert on the show because Tom is a self-proclaimed patient at Life Medical and is currently using Medical Cannabis.
Dr. Mirman from Life Medical has been a fervent supporter of Medical Cannabis for many years and has been on the fore-front of legislative effort to legalize medical marijuana in Minnesota from the beginning.
Three licensed medical doctors at Life Medical perform evaluations, determine eligibility and certify patients interested in Medical Cannabis for the qualifying medical conditions set by the State of Minnesota (see list of conditions below).
Once the patient has been certified by one of our doctors, the Minnesota Department of Health, Office of Medical Cannabis will do an investigation and approve the patient in accordance with Minnesota law. Patients who are deemed eligible can then apply for a Medical Cannabis Card from the Minnesota Department of Health.
CLICK HERE to fill out a short 8-question form to determine your eligibility for the Medical Cannabis Program.
The program using Medical Cannabis is limited to patients with the following conditions:
- Cancer associated with severe/chronic pain, nausea or severe vomiting, or cachexia or severe wasting
- Tourette Syndrome
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Seizures, including those characteristic of Epilepsy
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of Multiple Sclerosis
- Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease
- Terminal illness, with a probable life expectancy of less than one year*
- Intractable pain
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Sleep Apnea; sleep study required
*To qualify for the program, you must suffer from cancer or a terminal illness with a probable life expectancy of under one year, if your illness or its treatment produces one or more of the following: severe or chronic pain; nausea or severe vomiting; or Cachexia or severe wasting.
Read Dr. Mirman’s article in support of Medical Cannabis in Minnesota Medicine Magazine, a publication of the Minnesota Medical Association.
To make an appointment for a Medical Cannabis evaluation please call our office at 952-933-8900.